Thursday, June 2, 2011

My Magical House Concert Experience

Last Saturday, I performed at a private house concert with 8th generation bagpiper Seán Cummings, and it was an amazing experience. Sure, it was my first house concert performance, but we had a full house, guests were treated to luscious home-baked chocolate cheesecake, and they watched the snow fall in the windows behind us as we performed. Magical!

What's a house concert? You can find out all about house concerts and how to host them. They are really no difficult to host than a well-planned party. And it costs you very little money...Check out concertsinyourhome.com. And you only have a very small space you can host a mini-house concert--visit dinnerandsong.com for more about that. I actually performed at a "Dessert and Song". And there will be many more...Can't wait to play at my next house concert!

Here is just one video clip from my latest house concert:



Feel free to contact me if you'd like me to play the harp for your own concert! If you've had any personal experiences attending or hosting a concert, please share them below....

2 comments:

Amy said...

Wonderful, Ann. I played at a similar event (you can read about it on my blog here: http://amykortuem.blogspot.com/2011/05/return-of-salonreturns.html)

I love the atmosphere of that kind of intimate concert. I agree, more of them!

Anne Roos said...

Hi Amy! Nice blog! You call them "salons" instead of house concerts? Looks like a wonderful tea party :-)